Important Links!

Friday, April 25, 2008

To Grip...or not to Grip...that is the question...

Ok, so the latest discussion on the boards is about the grip. Supposedly is supposed to help with the vertical pics (it has it's own shutter button, focus button, wheel, etc.) in addition to giving you twice as much battery life...

So, DH had purchased a grip for me when he surprised me with the camera. I thought...great for the upcoming weddings I'll definitely use that. Then I had an "oh no" type moment and thought I should practice shooting with it on the camera b/c well, if you've ever seen one...let's just say it's pretty massive. Especially on the 5D with a 24-70L...

Ok, so I can do this, right? I was afraid it was going to be heavy...but I just grabbed the huge behemoth and gave it a whirl...I came up with these!


new eyes2 web

pink rose copy web

Sy web

Not too shabby...but still need some practice! Anyhow, I was awarded a couple of awards a few days ago and would like to pass one on to a good photography friend. Christine has some awesome pics and they always make my day...she sets a wonderful tone with her photography and has really grasped her style. She definitely deserves more than this little award for her blog...but here you go, Christine!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Christine Szeto April 26, 2008 at 12:10 AM  

Oh-you are too sweet! It appears that I am in good company. :) And it looks like you are mastering the giant grip perfectly!

benjiboo April 28, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

Those pics are really nice! lol... I love the behemoth line!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP